During the summer I loved my Honeypie Minerals Foundation, which I purchased the full size of. In the colder months or for a night out I prefer my Rituals Gemstone Foundation. For liquid foundations I’ve been using Boots Botanics – All Bright Radiance Balm as a base for a couple of months now, it gives a nice glow to the skin.
To set my makeup I almost exclusively used MUA’s Pro Base Prime & Conceal Powder, which I actually bought for a Halloween look if I remember correctly. It does a great job though. I mix all the colours and apply it lightly and my makeup stays matte for a while.
A purchase on a whim turned out to be my favourite everyday blush: MUA’s Lolly. A long time favourite of mine, and unfortunately not available anymore, is Catrice’s Multi Colour Blush in Gone With the Wind [Hollywood Fabolous Fourties Limited Edition]. Last year I mentioned my Everyday Minerals’ blushes and they are still products I use on a regular basis.
I think in the last two years, a lot more products have found their way into my makeup routine. Not necessarily on a daily basis, but certainly when I feel like putting on a full face of makeup. When I never seemed to bother with Contouring and Highlighting in the past, I know have a couple of favourites for both categories.
I would say Beauty UK’s Baked Box Halo 3 is my No. 1 highlighter. I also really enjoy Topshop’s Glow Highlighter in Polish and Illamasqua’s Gleam in Mirage. For highlighters cream products work quite well for me. Not so much for contouring though. I have Illamasqua’s Cream Pigment in Hollow, but although the colour is great I just never really reach for it. Instead my current favourite is Makeup Revolution’s Mono Eyeshadow in Mocha Love, which I use as a contour shade. It is very pigmented and suitable for pale skin.
- Catrice – Multi Colour Blush in Gone With the Wind
- Beauty UK – Baked Box Halo 3 (£3.99)
- Honeypie Minerals – Mineral Foundation in Light (£12.99/10g)
- Lily Lolo – Mineral Concealer in Barely Beige (£8.49/4-5g)
- Makeup Revolution – Mono Eyeshadow in Mocha Love (£1.00)
- MUA – Blusher in Lolly (£1.00/2.4g)
- MUA – Pro Base Prime & Conceal Powder (£4.00/4g)
- Rituals – Gemstone Foundation in 1 (£20.50/30ml)
- Topshop – Glow Highlighter in Polish (£9.00)