Steffi from Smoke & Diamonds started a blog series called 7 shades of… where bloggers present 7 shades of one colour in one category, e.g. eyeshadow, lipstick, nail polish and so on. Until the 7th December you still have time to participate in the current round where it is all about the colour red. You can share your posts via InLinkz on her blog. I’ve linked my previous posts for Green, Pink and Purple and Blue below.
- Sleek – iDivine Eyeshadow Palette in Respect [LE] – Otis Red
- Sleek – iDivine Eyeshadow Palette in Sunset – Top row 2nd from left
- Sleek – iDivine Eyeshadow Palette in Sunset – Bottom row 2nd from left
- P2 Sun City [LE] – Be electric! loose eyeshadow in 040 N.Y.
- Inglot – Freedom System Eyeshadow in 382 Matte
- essence pigments – 13 paparedzzi
- Sugarpill – Pressed eyeshadow in Love +
I love red eyeshadows! When I was going for more rusty tones in the past like the ones from the Sleek Sunset Palette or the P2 loose eyeshadow, I have started to also really enjoy the boldness of a good matte red eyeshadow, such as Sugarpill’s Love+ and Inglot’s #382. The only problem I have with almost any red any eyeshadow is that they stain. It is pretty tough to remove them and I recommend to keep a good eye makeup remover at hand.