OUT: Kivvi – Bergamont and Litsea Cubeba Body Marmalade
#vegan #natural #organic #ecofriendly #crueltyfree
Price: around £15.06 (120ml)
Body marmalade deeply moisture and nourish the skin. It contains coconut oil that enhances natural tanning of the skin. Suitable for using as a daily skin care product. Doesn’t contain SPF.
What makes Kivvi Organic Cosmetics creams different from other brands?
- Kivvi Organic Cosmetics product formulas have been specifically developed using organic, biodynamical and certified ingredients with consideration of the properties of our skin. They have been developed so that the product would have a synergetic effect.
- All products contain kiwi fruit seed oil, the unusually rich content of which has been correctly balanced according to scientific findings. The latest studies of kiwi seed oil have labelled it as one of the most valuable and effective cosmetic ingredients. It has antioxidant and anti-ageing effects, it restores skin cells and moistures the skin.
- Kivvi Organic Cosmetics uses a mild preservative from essential oil extracts that prevents the occurrence of allergic reactions.
- Kivvi Organic Cosmetics does not use artificial colouring, preservatives, fragrances, mineral substances, oil refinery products or toxic substances.
- All Kivvi Organic Cosmetics products are handmade and are produced in small quantities so that you may always have freshly made and quality products.
- Kivvi Organic Cosmetics products are suitable for vegans and are not tested on animals.
Kivvi Organic Cosmetics creams are filled in airless system packaging.
I bought this body butter last year during a visit in Riga, Latvia. It seems the brand is still quite unknown in the English blogger scene, however it has been featured in many German organic beauty blogs. I like that they produce their products in small quantities only and use local ingredients as well. I was a bit sceptical about how I would get along with the product though, as usually I prefer a body lotion that sinks in quickly and therefore I even avoid body milks. When I first used the product during fall/winter the consistency was rather stiff and it took me a while to figure out how to best apply it. Put a small amount in your palms and let it melt a bit before you lather it on your body. To be honest, it is a bit easier when used during summer when the general consistency of the product is more smooth.
I absolutely adore the smell of the marmalade and it certainly is very nourishing for the skin. It takes a while to really sink in, so I recommend using it for special occasions after having a nice bath before going to bed where you won’t leave greasy stains all over the place. 😉
It is a rather expensive product and though I liked it, at the moment I won’t repurchase it. To me this is a more luxurious product that I would buy myself for a special treat. At the moment I am looking forward to try the Body Butter by Love The Planet and see if it might suit me even better.
The body marmelades are available in several scents:
- Bergamot and litsea cubeba
- Orange and Vanilla
- Primrose oil [Mummy tummy]
- Sweet Orange
- Lemon Mint
- Yellow Rose
You can buy the product through the Kivvi webshop for £15.06.
Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter*, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil*, Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil*, Olea europaea (Olive) fruit oil*, Aroma*/**, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil*, Triticum vulgare (Wheat) germ oil*, Macadamia integrifolia (Macadamia) seed oil*, Oenothera biennis (Evening primrose) seed oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Persea gratissima (Avocado) fruit oil*, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea buckthorn) fruit extract, Ribes nigrum (Blackcurrant) fruit extract, Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit extract, Actinidia chinensis (Kiwi) fruit extract, Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) fruit extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Calendula officinalis (Calendula) flower extract, Ginkgo biloba (Ginkgo) leaf extract. * ingredient from organic farming ** natural essential oils
- 15 empfehlenswert
- 1 nicht bewertet
IN: Love The Planet – Grapefruit Body Butter
#vegan #natural #ecofriendly #crueltyfree
Price: around £7.25 (100 g)
Love The Planet says:
After bathing, smooth on all over to leave skin baby soft and delicately scented. Enriched with cocoa butter and sweet almond oil, this Body Butter is a real all rounder. Suitable for all over moisturising as well as being a great hair smoother. Rub a little between your hands and then smooth over your hair to eliminate frizz.
The range of Love The Planet skin and hair care products were born. Free from:
- Mineral oils
- Artificial colours and fragrances
- Animal testing and animal products
- Sodium lauryl or laureth sulphate
My first impression is that the body butter by Love The Planet has quite a different consistency than the body marmalade by Kivvi. The latter can be very hard or very smooth (depending on the temperatures), yet is always a bit chunky and greasy. The Body Butter however looks more like whipped cream, is heavier in texture though. It also seems to sink into the skin very quickly, which I prefer. It smells quite fresh and a bit bitter, just like Grapefruit. I definitely am excited to try this, as I found out that it is actually produced in Scotland, in Aberdeen to be precise, not too far from where I live.
aqua (water), prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond oil), sodium stearoyl lactylate (vegetable based emulsifier), theobroma cacao (cocoa butter), oleo europaea (olive oil), glyceryl stearate (vegetable based emulsifier, Soil association approved), cetyl alcohol (plant wax), glycerin (vegetable based glycerine), citrus paradisi (grapefruit essential oil), benzyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate
lactic acid (mild preservative system)
- 11 empfehlenswert