After Inked is a daily skin moisturiser for new and existing tattoos. It can also be used on cosmetic tattoos on the eyes, lips, areola etc as well as post-laser tattoo removal.
What I like about it is the good moisturisation without making the new tattoo become sticky, which I personally find very annoying. It doesn’t really have a particular smell to it. It retails for £14.99, so it is not the cheapest product to use, but I just really like the way it works and the ingredients list, so I am willing to pay a bit more.
- Aqua (Water): Purified water used as a “spreading agent” that helps to distribute the other ingredients evenly over the skin.
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil: Contains vitamins E, C & Beta Carotene. It’s a very potent antioxidant.
- Glycerin (veg): Natural humectant and emollient. Conditions & moisturizes the skin and it can be used on even the most sensitive skin.
- Stearic Acid (veg): Adds lubricity to the skin making it smoother.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter): Provides improvement to dry skin.
- Synthetic Beeswax: Emulsifier & nourishing to skin. Alternative to animal-derived beeswax obtained from the honeycomb of virgin bees; respects lifestyle choices (Vegan).
- Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil: Helps to improve dry skin.
- Cetyl Alcohol (veg): Natural fatty alcohol used as an emollient and stabilizing agent. It’s Halal.
- Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil: Rich in vitamins A & C. Fresh tangy smell. Natural alternative to fragrance.
- Benzyl Alcohol & Dehydroacetic Acid: Preservative; natural alternative to parabens.